- Using the XLEG a person can walk normally, safely and pain-free with full mobility and use of their hands.
- Crutches or crutch alternatives designed for short-term use provide limited use, mobility and versatility.
- The XLEG allows the wearer to retain their natural gait and remain fully mobile throughout the recovery period which has potential to reduce the overall recovery time.
- Reduced cost – The XLEG reduces the overall cost due to injury. The XLEG allows persons to return to work earlier, have increased mobility and potentially require less medical treatment after non-weight-bearing period.
- Persons required to be non-weight-bearing for short or long periods of time have very limited options.
Crutches or crutch alternatives designed for short-term use provide limited use, mobility and versatility.
- Existing solutions are known to be painful and cumbersome to operate, and long-term use can cause additional injury.
- Persons with lower leg injuries that are required to be non-weight-bearing such as a broken foot, broken ankle, or broken lower tibia and fibula. These are normally short-term users (12-16 weeks).
- Persons required to be non-weight-bearing due to any other medical condition. These medical conditions include but are not limited to disability, diabetes, level 3 ankle sprain, some types of knee injury, amputation, etc. These can be short-term or long-term users.
- Experience a better quality of life
- Safely walk out of the hospital under their own
- Return to work earlier
- Be more productive during recovery
- Potentially require less physiotherapy
- Have reduced overall cost due to injury
- Perform everyday tasks that were not possible using other devices